Teaching Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing: A Guide for Academic and Clinical Settings is in its 2nd edition and STAT!Ref has it available now.
This 2013 AJN Book of the Year is the only resource to teach evidence-based practice (EBP) content grounded in a tested philosophy of teaching and learning. Teaching Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing: A Guide for Academic and Clinical Settings provides the tools, perspective and context for health educators and practitioners to implement evidence-based care practices and evaluate their efficacy.
Reflecting four years of successful experiences in helping academic agencies understand and implement EBP, this new edition has been reorganized to include updated information and five new chapters. It stresses the importance of mentorship in creating EBP and illustrates how mentorship can be designed and implemented to promote EBP.
The text clarifies three principal values:
- How to integrate EBP into academic curricula
- How to implement an EBP model in clinical settings (for graduate, second career, and CE students)
- How to address teaching and learning strategies for specific user groups
- Revises and expands upon AJN Book of the Year Award first edition
- Reflects knowledge gained from four years of successful experiences in teaching and learning EBP since publication of first edition
- Provides comprehensive and innovative strategies for mentoring and teaching EBP in education and practice scenarios
- Describes how to implement EBP at undergraduate levels, for second career students, and in continuing education
Purchasers will want to bundle this resource with The 5-Minute Clinical Consult, ACP Smart Medicine (SM) & AHFS DI® Essentials™, Advanced Practice Nursing in the Care of Older Adults, as well as all other STAT!Ref Nursing Resources and Evidence-based Medicine & Point of Care Resources.
Already have this resource? When STAT!Ref gets a new edition to a resource subscribers already purchase, they get that new edition in their online subscription automatically. It's a hassle-free, value-added convenience to ensure that our customers receive the newest and best content available.
To talk to a STAT!Ref Team Member about this new edition, or others within the discipline of Nursing or Evidence-based Medicine & Point of Care Resources, please feel free to call 800-901-5494 or fill out this form today.