Offering the most comprehensive online nursing collection of 165+ nursing resources in 70 nursing specialties STAT!Ref Nursing Resources should be your go-to online resource.
Recently added to our growing STAT!Ref Nursing collection are three new editions for Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests with Nursing Implications, Maternal Newborn Nursing Care Plans, and Financial Management for Nurse Managers.
Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests with Nursing Implications is now in its 6th Edition and delivers all of the information you need to understand how tests work, interpret their results, and provide quality patient care—pre-test, intra-test, and post-test.
Tests and procedures are listed in alphabetical order by their complete name for quick reference. The integrated index allows fast searches by abbreviation, synonym, disease/disorder, specimen type, or test classification. Plus, a Body Systems Appendix includes a list of common laboratory and diagnostic tests for each body system as well as nutrition-related lab tests.
New to this edition:
- Revised, updated & expanded!
- The most current information throughout.
- New monographs, Genetic Testing and Bioterrorism and Public Health Safety Concerns: Testing for Toxins and Infectious Agents.
- Group monograph for molecular diagnosis.
- Expanded and enhanced!
- Nursing Implications sections reflects all phases of the nursing process.
- Potential Diagnosis section includes a description of findings.
- Age-specific information in diagnostic studies, where available
- New sections in each monograph!
- Expected Patient Outcomes focusing on safe and effective nursing care.
- Potential Nursing Problems with related signs, symptoms, suggested interventions.
- Study-specific complications, where applicable.
- Study-specific contraindications, where applicable.
- Disease Spotlight case studies.
- Monographs for new approved tests, and much more.
Maternal Newborn Nursing Care Plans, Third Edition teaches students and practicing nurses how to assess, plan, provide, and evaluate care for pregnancy, delivery, recovery, abnormal conditions, and newborn care. Featuring more than 65 of the most common and high-risk care plans for nursing care using the nursing process approach, it includes NIC interventions, discussions on collaborative problems, key nursing activities, signs and symptoms, and diagnostic studies.
The Third Edition offers new rationales for nursing actions based on scientific principles, a new breastfeeding care plan added to the normal newborn care chapter, new information on obesity in pregnancy, evidence-based practice boxes throughout to highlight current research, and updated references and research. Also included are new guidelines, practice changes, new standards, and evidence changes.
Financial Management for Nurse Managers: Merging the Heart with the Dollar, Third Edition is an essential resource that addresses the financial management issues faced by nurse managers. Ideal for students, professionals, chief nursing officers, and those in nurse administrator roles, it examines the financial impact of administrative and management decisions across hospitals and healthcare organizations.
This Doody's Core Title covers a broad range of topics, and demonstrates the inter-connectivity between finance and other aspects of health care through evidence in healthcare finance, economics and cost accounting, budgeting, staffing effectiveness, and legal and ethical issues.
The resource is expertly organized and includes real-world examples to lend context to the reader. Coverage of the value-based reimbursement system is an integral component of the Third Edition. The authors emphasize the concept of giving the patient what is valued and recommend listening to patient needs, collaboration in healthcare decision-making, and shifting the role of the administrator to support care leaders. Additionally, the text has been updated to reflect the impact of the Affordable Care Act.