Newly added to our growing collection of 400+ resources within over 50 healthcare disciplines, we are pleased to announce the availability of two new resources called Human Genetics and Genomics and Anatomy in Diagnostic Imaging. See below to learn more now.
The fourth edition of the best-selling resource, Human Genetics and Genomics, clearly explains the key principles needed by medical and health sciences students, from the basis of molecular genetics, to clinical applications used in the treatment of both rare and common conditions.
A newly expanded Part 1, Basic Principles of Human Genetics, focuses on introducing the reader to key concepts such as Mendelian principles, DNA replication and gene expression. Part 2, Genetics and Genomics in Medical Practice, uses case scenarios to help you engage with current genetic practice.
Now featuring full-color diagrams, Human Genetics and Genomics has been rigorously updated to reflect today’s genetics teaching, and includes updated discussion of genetic risk assessment, “single gene” disorders and therapeutics.
Key features include:
- Doody's Core Titles and Essential Purchase Title
- Clinical snapshots to help relate science to practice
- ‘Hot topics’ boxes that focus on the latest developments in testing, assessment and treatment
- ‘Ethical issues’ boxes to prompt further thought and discussion on the implications of genetic developments
- ‘Sources of information’ boxes to assist with the practicalities of clinical research and information provision
- Self-assessment review questions in each chapter
Accompanied by the Wiley E-Text digital edition, Human Genetics and Genomics is also fully supported by a suite of online resources including:
- Factsheets on 100 genetic disorders, ideal for study and exam preparation
- Interactive Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with feedback on all answers
- Links to online resources for further study
- Figures from the book available as PowerPoint slides, ideal for teaching purposes
The perfect companion to the genetic component of both problem-based learning and integrated medical courses, Human Genetics and Genomics presents the ideal balance between the bio-molecular basis of genetics and clinical cases, and provides an invaluable overview for anyone wishing to engage with this fast-moving discipline.
Both for medical students and practicing doctors, Anatomy in Diagnostic Imaging, Third edition will serve as the go-to all-round reference collection linking anatomy and modern diagnostic imaging.
Now in its third edition, Anatomy in Diagnostic Imaging is an unrivaled atlas of anatomy applied to diagnostic imaging. The resource covers the entire human body and employs all the imaging modalities used in clinical practice; x-ray, CT, MR, PET, ultrasound and scintigraphy. An introductory chapter explains succinctly the essentials of the imaging and examination techniques drawing on the latest technical developments.
In view of the great strides that have been made in this area recently, all chapters have been thoroughly revised in this third edition. The resource’s original and didactically convincing presentation has been enhanced with over 250 new images.
There are now more than 900 images, all carefully selected in order to be user-friendly and easy-to-read, due to their high quality and the comprehensive anatomical interpretation directly placed alongside every one.
For more information about these new resources please feel free to call 800-901-5494 or fill out this form today.