Correlating with NATA Standards, Sports Medicine Essentials: Core Concepts in Athletic Training & Fitness Instruction, 3rd Edition introduces essential skills in Sports Medicine, along with its growing number of career choices.
Key topics address fitness assessment, conditioning, emergency preparedness, injury management, therapeutic modalities, nutrition, ethical and legal considerations, and much more. Students will explore careers in fitness instruction, athletic training, exercise physiology, sports management, and even physical therapy, while practicing important, job-related skills.
This unique hands-on learning tool asks students to perform essential skills, such as taping injuries, researching sports medicine supplies and their costs, and even forming a mock safety committee to mitigate injury risks to athletes.
Features and Benefits:
- Incorporates anatomy and physiology in lessons, establishing a strong foundation for next-level training and studies.
- Key information relating to the National Athletic Trainers Association certifications helps students identify must-know topics for testing.
- Complements a wide variety of learning styles with text and eBook formats, colorful artwork and photos, hands-on enrichment activities, a supplemental workbook, and much more.
- Detailed look at the many career possibilities emerging in the sports medicine field, including academic requirements and professional certifications needed.
- In addition to photos and illustrations, the book includes step-by-step instruction on taping athlete injuries, vital signs assessments, conditioning exercises, and other critical trainer skills.