The 2016 edition of Dorland's Dictionary of Medical Acronyms & Abbreviations, formerly called Jablonski's Dictionary of Medical Acronyms & Abbreviations, has had a name change and STAT!Ref has it available now.
Medical acronyms and abbreviations offer convenience, but those countless shortcuts can often be confusing. Now a part of the popular Dorland’s suite of products, Dorland's Dictionary of Medical Acronyms & Abbreviations features thousands of terms from across various medical specialties. Its alphabetical arrangement makes for quick reference, and expanded coverage of symbols ensures they are easier to find.
Effective communication plays an important role in all medical settings, so turn to this trusted volume for nearly any medical abbreviation you might encounter.
- Symbols section makes it easier to locate unusual or seldom-used symbols.
- Convenient alphabetical format allows you to find the entry you need more intuitively.
New to this Edition:
- More than 90,000 entries and definitions.
- Many new and updated entries including terminology in expanding specialties, such as Nursing; Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies; Transcription and Coding; Computer and Technical Fields.
- New section on abbreviations to avoid, including Joint Commission abbreviations that are not to be used.
- Incorporates updates suggested by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP).
Those subscribers that have this resource please note that the resource has been moved on the STAT!Ref interface from "J" to "D" and the ISBN number and Marc records have changed. However, as this is simply a name change, the STAT!Ref access links will not change and you will see the new content and name change in your subscription automatically.
To talk to a STAT!Ref Team Member about this transition, or if you would like to schedule a follow-up discussion or webinar about this or any other STAT!Ref resource, please feel free to call 800-901-5494 or fill out this form today.