Conceptual Models of Nursing: Global Perspectives, formerly called Conceptual Models of Nursing: Analysis and Application, has had a slight name change and STAT!Ref has it available now.
Designed to help students understand the development and evaluation of the theoretical base for nursing practice research and education, Conceptual Models of Nursing familiarizes students with a broad range of nursing models and their roles in global nursing practice. With an emphasis on the application of nursing theories for the advanced practice student, strong attention is given to the relevance of nursing theory to nursing classification systems that are used in advanced practice.
In this new edition, nurse scholars from several countries provide a perspective of how nursing is conceptualized in other countries and give voice to a community of scholars that extends beyond the borders of the United States. Models presented in the text represent a movement to think about nursing conceptually, away from a narrow point of view to a holistic one.
- A detailed overview of nursing theory development familiarizes new students and reorients graduate students to the field.
- The focus on all major nurse theorists provides students with an accessible all-in-one reference book.
- Demonstrations of how models and theories can be applied to nursing practice help students understand the development and evaluation of the theoretical base for advanced nursing practice.
- NEW: Chapters written by nurse scholars from several countries provide a perspective of how nursing is conceptualized in other countries and give voice to a community of scholars that extends beyond the borders of the United States. Thirteen countries are represented to help future nurse scholars everywhere in their quest for scientific excellence.
- NEW: A holistic presentation of models encourages nurses to think conceptually. Several holistic models described in the text are strength-based nursing, personhood, health as harmony, and interpersonal caring.
- NEW: Culture is emphasized as a major influence on the understandings that guide nurses both in knowledge development and professional practice. Some chapter’s present unique models that are specifically derived from the history and culture of nursing in that country, while others have described the application of existing models that were developed in the United States.
- Consistent analysis of each model allows students to compare models for usefulness in research, education, and practice
Purchasers will want to bundle this resource with The 5-Minute Clinical Consult, Diseases and Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, and Fundamental & Advanced Nursing Skills.