The 2015 Red Book is the American Academy of Pediatrics' authoritative guide to manifestations, etiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of more than 200 childhood conditions and STAT!Ref has it available now.
This Doody's Core Titles and Essential Purchase Title provides evidence-based guidance to practicing clinicians on pediatric infections and vaccinations based on the recommendations of the committee as well as the combined expertise of the CDC, the FDA and hundreds of physician contributors.
The book is divided into sections that cover;
- Active and passive immunization
- Disease summaries
- Antimicrobial therapy for treatment and prophylaxis
- Care of children in special situations
Updated information and recommendations you cannot afford to be without…
- Standardized approach to disease prevention through immunizations, antimicrobial prophylaxis, and infection control practices
- New chapter on Hemorrhagic Fevers Caused by Filoviruses has been added
- New chapter on human parechovirus infections has been added
- Updated information on hypersensitivity reactions after immunizations
- The latest on sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in adolescents and children
- Updated coverage of actinomycosis, amebiases, arbovirus, bacterial vaginosis, blastocystis, candidiasis, Clostridium difficle, coronaviruses, dengue, enteroviruses, Escherichia coli, Giardia intestinalis, gonococcal infections, Helicobacter pylori infections, lyme disease, meningococcal infections, pediculosis capitis, pertussis, pneumococcal infections, rotavirus, and more
- Managing Injection Pain has been significantly expanded
- Updated information on hepatitis C
- Updated information on group B streptococcal infections
- Updated section on drugs for parasitic infections
- Significantly revised chapter on Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- Recommendations for using MMR or MMRV vaccines have been updated
- The Antimicrobial Resistance and Antimicrobial Stewardship chapter has been significantly broadened and updated
Purchasers will want to bundle this resource with Red Book® Atlas of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews, Pediatric Clinical Practice Guidelines & Policies, Teddy Bear Book: Pediatric Injectable Drugs and Pediatric Nutrition.
Those subscribers that have this resource please note that it can be found in the same place on the STAT!Ref table of contents and you will see the new content and name change in your subscription automatically.
To talk to a STAT!Ref Team Member about this new edition, or others within the disciplines of Pediatrics please feel free to call 800-901-5494 or fill out this form today.