The 2nd edition of Lashley's Essentials of Clinical Genetics in Nursing Practice, formerly called Essentials of Clinical Genetics in Nursing Practice, has had a slight name change and STAT!Ref has it available now.
Lashley's Essentials of Clinical Genetics in Nursing Practice has been completely updated to help nurses learn to “think genetically.” Today’s nurses must be able to “think genetically“ to help individuals and families who are affected by genetic disease or contemplating genetic testing.
Lashley's Essentials of Clinical Genetics in Nursing Practice is a classic resource for nursing students and practitioners at all levels who need to acquire the knowledge and skills for using genomics in their practice. This completely updated second edition encompasses the many recent advances in genetic research and knowledge, providing essential new information on the science, technology, and clinical application of genomics. It focuses on the provision of individualized patient care based on personal genetics and dispositions.
The second edition is designed for use by advanced practice nursing programs, as well as undergraduate programs. It pinpoints new developments in prenatal, maternity, and pediatric issues and supplies new information on genomics-based personal drug therapy, environmental susceptibilities, genetic therapies, epigenetics, and ethics.
New to the Second Edition:
- Completely updated
- Personal drug therapy based on genomics
- Environmental susceptibilities
- Prenatal detection and diagnosis
- Newborns and genetic screening
- Reproductive technologies
- Ethical issues
- Genetic therapies
- Includes content for graduate-level programs
- PowerPoint slides and a test bank for all student levels
- Encompasses state-of-the-art genomics from a nursing perspective
- Provides a practical, clinically oriented life-span approach
- Covers science, technology, and clinical application of genomics
- Addresses prevention, genetic testing, and treatment methods
Those subscribers that have this resource please note that it can be found in the same place on the STAT!Ref table of contents and you will see the new content and name change in your subscription automatically.