What kind of content does your health library offer in terms of Pediatric references and support? STAT!Ref has created a comprehensive collection of tools for Pediatrics, including key educational e-books, evidence-based clinical content, drug guides, specific specialty content within a variety of pediatric sub-disciplines and more. And, STAT!Ref has a key new edition available now.
Nelsons's Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy, now in its 21st edition, is a bestselling and widely used resource on pediatric antimicrobial therapy. This resource provides instant access to reliable, up-to-the-minute recommendations for treatment of all infectious diseases in children.
For each disease, the authors provide a commentary to help health care providers select the best of all antimicrobial choices. Drug descriptions cover all antimicrobial agents available today, and include complete information about dosing regimens.
In response to growing concerns about overuse of antibiotics, the book includes guidelines on when not to prescribe antimicrobials.
- Practical, evidence-based recommendations from the experts in antimicrobial therapy
- Developed by distinguished editorial board
- Designed for those who take care of children and are faced with decisions every day
- At-a-glance tables of bacterial and fungal pathogen susceptibilities to commonly used antimicrobials
- Includes treatment of parasitic infections and tropical medicine
- Updated assessments regarding the strength of the recommendation and the level of evidence for treatment recommendations for major infections
- Anti-infective drug listing, complete with formulations and dosages
- Antibiotic therapy for obese children
- Antimicrobial prophylaxis/prevention of symptomatic infection
- Maximal adult dosages and higher dosages of some antimicrobials commonly used in children
Although written for practitioners in any specialty who may encounter patients with infectious diseases, the book is especially helpful for general pediatricians who, on a daily basis, care for children with infectious diseases.
Already have this resource? When STAT!Ref gets a new edition to a resource subscribers already purchase, they get that new edition in their online subscription automatically. It's a hassle-free, value-added convenience to ensure that our customers receive the newest and best content available.
Purchasers will want to bundle this resource with Red Book®: 2015 Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases, Pediatric Clinical Practice Guidelines & Policies and APLS: The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resource.