Newly added to the STAT!Ref Collection, Handbook of Informatics for Nurses & Healthcare Professionals, is a complete and up-to-date overview of the key issues related to adoption and use of health information technology and nursing informatics, with detailed practical information to support students and professionals in the field. As a reminder, all STAT!Ref content is full-text, cross-searchable and every single resource is available on the STAT!Ref Mobile App.
Intended to address all the concepts, skills, and tasks professionals need to achieve the nation’s healthcare information technology goals, it contains three major sections: General Computer Information, Health Care Information Systems, and Specialty Applications. Major themes of privacy, confidentiality, and information security are woven throughout; project management is introduced in the context of strategic planning, and addressed in many other chapters. This edition contains extensive new coverage throughout, along with eight new chapters addressing issues such as Personal Health Records (PHRs), Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), usability, and consumer education.
- Doody's Core Title & Essential Purchase Title
- Promotes efficient learning and review. Utilizes proven pedagogical features such as chapter objectives, boxes, tables, figures, and concise, bulleted chapter summaries
- Gives students online resources for anytime/anywhere learning. Includes companion website with extensive supplementary materials, updated weblinks, and multimedia content.
- Links healthcare IT concepts to the realities students will encounter in practice. Presents case studies at the end of each chapter, reinforcing chapter content in the context of real-life applications.
- Helps students master all essential healthcare IT terminology, regardless of their background or experience. New terms are defined within each chapter, and a complete glossary is provided that assumes no experience with computers or the Internet
- Prepares students to anticipate continuing change in the field of healthcare IT. Future Directions sections forecast how each area of healthcare IT is likely to evolve in the coming years and decades.
- Provides resources for further exploration. Lists up-to-date web resources at the end of each chapter.
- Serves as a valuable certification study resource. Prior editions have been listed by ANCC as a recommended text to help candidates prepare for the ANCC Informatics Nurse Certification examination.
Purchasers will want to bundle this resource with Jonas & Kovner's Health Care Delivery and The Joint Commission: The Source.
Have any questions about this new resource? Please call 800-901-5494 or fill out this form to speak with a STAT!Ref Team Member today.