The 2016 edition of AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice is now available from STAT!Ref. This essential resource provides 32 evidence-based guidelines for all perioperative and invasive procedures. Implementation of these guidelines is critical to patient and staff safety, managing risk, and securing insurance reimbursements.
Written especially for nurses engaged in perioperative practice in all clinical settings, AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice is also useful for anyone responsible for oversight, including administrators of perioperative centers or practice areas. The members of the Recommended Practices Committee and Perioperative Nursing Specialists who reviewed and developed these standards are all experts in this area.
New for 2016! Translate Evidence into Practice™ with Guideline Essentials
An advanced suite of online implementation tools designed to help your organization translate the science of the Guidelines into applied practice in your facility.
Extensively Revised, Evidence-Based Guidelines Including:
- Cleaning and Processing Flexible Endoscopes and Endoscope Accessories
- Managing the Patient Receiving Moderate Sedation/Analgesia
- Prevention of Retained Surgical Items (with Ambulatory supplement)
- Prevention of Unplanned Patient Hypothermia
- Radiation Safety (with Ambulatory supplement)
Ambulatory Supplements are also included for the following guidelines:
- Medication Safety
- Prevention of Retained Surgical Items
- Prevention of Transmissible Infections
- Reducing Radiological Exposure
- Safe Environment of Care
Tools for the Perioperative Team
- Guideline at a Glance
- Condensed versions of the Guidelines
- Step-by-step instructional guides
- How-to videos
- Key takeaways from the Guidelines
- Webinars addressing key issues around the Guidelines
- Guideline FAQs
Tools for Educators and Managers
- Implementation road map for putting the Guidelines into practice
- Gap analysis tools to assess non-compliant areas
- Customizable policy and procedure templates
- Customizable competency verification templates for facility and regulatory requirements
- Real world case studies (perfect for in-service education)
- Customizable PowerPoint presentations (perfect for in-service education)
Already have this resource? When STAT!Ref gets a new edition to a resource subscribers already purchase, they get that new edition in their online subscription automatically. It's a hassle-free, value-added convenience to ensure that our customers receive the newest and best content available.
Purchasers will want to bundle this resource with Essentials of Perioperative Nursing, Scientific American Surgery, and Essential Evidence Plus™ & AHFS DI® Essentials™.