Completely updated to the 2016 ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding guidelines and packed with practical applications, Understanding ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding: A Worktext, 3rd Ed. delivers a comprehensive presentation of the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS diagnostic and procedural coding system. Already have this resource? Please note that you will see the new content in your subscription automatically. It's a hassle-free, value-added convenience to ensure that you receive the newest and best content available.
Extremely hands-on, this unique worktext offers detailed coverage that engages your students, while numerous learning tools offer thorough review and reinforce understanding in each chapter. Students can immediately begin applying what they learn as numerous exercises, coding assignments, and case studies offer real-world practice. Vivid color illustrations emphasize how thorough knowledge of anatomy and disease processes impacts coding accuracy. This edition also provides the ideal, trusted resource to help practicing professionals and healthcare organizations smoothly transition from using ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS.
- THOROUGH UPDATES REFLECT THE VERY LATEST CODES. The new edition of this successful worktext prepares students to work with the latest ICD 10 2016 codes.
- MORE CODING CASES PROVIDE PERTINENT AND VALUABLE HANDS-ON PRACTICE. Additional cases appear in every chapter to give students additional practice and hands-on experience using the concepts presented.
- EXPANDED COVERAGE OF PROCEDURAL GUIDELINES PREPARES STUDENTS FOR ON-THE-JOB SUCCESS. This edition’s more extensive coverage of procedural guidelines now features more full-color illustrations visually appeal to readers and keep their attention.
- NEW CODING ASSIGNMENTS EXPAND STUDENTS’ ABILITIES TO APPLY CONCEPTS. This edition’s new Coding Assignments provide students with another effective tool to practice and perfect their skills.
- NEW PROCEDURAL CHAPTER (CH. 38) DETAILS THE SECTION X NEW TECHNOLOGY RECENTLY ADDED TO ICD-10-PCS. The author has added a full chapter to effectively explain the New Technology Section of ICD-10-PCS.
- FULL-SIZED A&P CHARTS FEATURE HELPFUL DETAILS. Students can easily find and reference these handy new, full-size charts now provided in this edition’s appendix.
- NEW SPANISH GLOSSARY CLARIFIES TERMINOLOGY FOR BILINGUAL STUDENTS. This useful glossary provides an important tool to assist you in clarifying concepts for your bilingual students.
This resource should be bundled with ICD-10-PCS: Procedure Coding System and ICD-10-CM: Clinical Modification. To talk to a STAT!Ref Team Member about this new edition, or others within the discipline of Coding & Classification, please feel free to call 800-901-5494 or fill out this form today.