As recently noted by Keith Rischer, MA, RN, CEN, CCRN, in his blog KeithRN: What Every Student Must Understand about Pharmacology to Successfully Transition to Clinical Practice, nursing educators should “make it a priority to contextualize pathophysiology and pharmacology in both the classroom setting and in the clinical setting.”
The newly updated 5th edition of Pharmacology for Nurses: A Pathophysiologic Approach helps students do just that by thinking like nurses, and understanding how pharmacology relates to patient care.
When drugs are learned in isolation from their associated diseases, students have difficulty connecting pharmacotherapy, pathophysiology, and nursing care. Pharmacology for Nurses: A Pathophysiologic Approach helps students master pharmacology by tightly linking it to therapeutic goals and patient wellness.
Features highlighting complementary therapies, community-oriented and evidence-based practices, and lifespan considerations help students make connections to nursing practice. And, to give students a clear picture of the holistic nature of pharmacology, the Fifth Edition reflects current pharmacotherapeutics and advances in understanding disease.
Also updated to the fifth edition is the companion Student Workbook and Resource Guide for Pharmacology for Nurses: A Pathophysiologic Approach.
Student Workbook Features Include:
- Matching exercises of key terms and definitions from each chapter.
- Multiple choice questions that offer additional review of key chapter topics.
- Fill-in-the-blank activities that provide a thorough assessment of essential information in the text.
- Case studies, with real-life patient scenarios to sharpen critical thinking skills.
- Dosage calculation problems to help with mastery of this essential skill.
- Making connections that link concepts from different chapters together to build on foundations and build critical thinking.
Those subscribers that already have this resource please note that you will see the new content in your subscription automatically as part of the STAT!Ref guarantee to ensure that our customers receive the newest and best content available.