Newly added to the STAT!Ref Collection, the third edition of Practical Dementia Care is a comprehensive, yet practical guide to the care and management of patients with dementia from time of diagnosis to the end of life. This resource is intended for the increasing number of physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, and long-term care givers responsible for the care of individuals with dementia.
- Latest edition translates most recent advances in dementia research into best practices for care
- Provides wide overview of treatments for dementia’s most common symptoms
- Practical approach to patient care emphasizes maximizing quality of life
New to this Edition:
- Discussion of new diagnostic techniques, with a focus on clinical application; expanded information on neuropsychological testing
- Expanded discussion of the limits of pharmacotherapy for cognitive and non-cognitive symptoms
- Increased emphasis on types of non-pharmacologic care, including expanded information on activity-related therapies
- Expanded discussion of both primary (pre-symptomatic) and secondary (earlier symptomatic) prevention, which reflects a renewed emphasis in dementia care
“This is an excellent addition to the armamentarium of any practitioner who treats persons with neurocognitive disorders. It is clearly written, explicit in its explanations, and it simplifies complicated concepts. The advice that is expressed can only come from extensive experience, which makes this an invaluable resource.” – Danielle Anderson, MD (Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine) Doody’s Review
Purchasers will want to bundle this resource with Reichel’s Care of the Elderly: Clinical Aspects of Aging, Evidence Based Geriatric Nursing Protocols for Best Practice and Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nursing: Integrating Psychotherapy, Psychopharmacology, and Complementary and Alternative Approaches. If you have any questions, or to request a quote, please contact us here or by calling 800-901-5494.