Recently added to the STAT!Ref Nursing collection is the newly updated Pediatric Nursing Procedures, Fourth edition. Emphasizing interdisciplinary teamwork, this irreplaceable how-to offers clear direction on more than 120 pediatric procedures, all based on current research and international best practices. All procedures address community care settings, with a focus on school and home nursing issues. This is the perfect clinical guidebook for nurses delivering care to children in any health care setting, and a vital text for all nursing students.
- NEW updated content in all chapters, based on current clinical evidence, best practices, and nursing standards
- NEW chapters on pediatric health assessment; intravascular therapy peripheral lock and flush; and palliative care
- NEW Unexpected Situations scenarios and recommendations
- NEW photos and diagrams
- Doody’s Core Titles (DCT) and Essential Purchase Title (EPT)
Coverage of vital topics, including:
- Key elements of family-centered care and the strategies that strengthen it
- Impact of developmental milestones on patient and family education
“This book is recommended as a resource for healthcare professionals working with children. It provides a clearer picture than other procedures books by including the rationales and clinical guidelines.” — Tedra Smith, DNP. MSN, CRNP (University of Alabama at Birmingham) Doody’s Review
Bundle this resource with Merenstein & Gardner’s Handbook of Neonatal Intensive Care, Nelson’s Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy and Wound Management: Principles and Practice.
To talk to a STAT!Ref Team Member about this resource, or others within the discipline of Nursing, please feel free to call 800-901-5494 or fill out this form today.