Essential Evidence Plus (EE+) from Wiley Subscription Services is a powerful, comprehensive clinical decision support system that integrates information on 9,000 diagnoses into healthcare professional’s clinical workflows. This clinical tool, created by an international team of renowned medical experts, was developed for physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals on the front line of patient care.
Click here to contact us for a customized price quote to add this 100% evidence based, clinical decision support tool to your custom, cross-searchable STAT!Ref subscription, or see below to learn more.
Essential Evidence Plus (EE+) is the only database system of filtered, synopsized, evidence-based information, this integrated search engine allows you to simultaneously search, via keyword, multiple databases:
- POEMs (Patient Oriented Evidence that Matters) Research Summaries — Daily e-mail alerts and 5,000+ archived POEMs summarize the most recent, relevant research from over 100 journals to help you stay up to date in your practice. Download the EE+ Alerts handout EE+ Poems Daily Alerts Handout.
- Decision Support Tools — 400+ enable you to assess risk and probability, estimate the reliability of a diagnosis and prognosis, calculate a patient’s risk for disease, select the safest and most effective drug dosage, and much more
- Integration with AHFS DI® EssentialsTM — from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, distills essential information on prescription and key over-the-counter (OTC) drugs in an easy-to-use and highly structured outline format
- Cochrane Systematic Reviews — 5,800+ abstracts of Cochrane Systematic Reviews, the gold standard for evidence-based therapeutics, with links to the full text with a subscription to The Cochrane Library
- EBM Guidelines — 900+ practice guidelines, 4,400+ evidence-graded summaries, 1,300+ high quality photographs, and audio and videos for some of the most common diseases and procedures.
- Diagnostic Test Calculators – 1,900+ indicate which test to order and assist you in interpreting the results.
- History and Physical Exam Calculators – 1,700+ guide you to the most statistically accurate diagnosis possible based on a patient’s history and physical exam findings.
- Dermatology Image Library — An interactive expert system to assist you in diagnosing skin problems with 1,000+ high quality photographs.
- Anatomy Illustrations — Hundreds of anatomy illustrations are included within the Essential Evidence Topics.
- Podcasts — Tune in each week as Dr. Mark Ebell, EE+ Editor-in-Chief, joins Dr. Michael Wilkes, NPR correspondent and Vice Dean of the UC Davis Medical School, for a brief discussion about an important, recent POEM. The discussion provides additional depth and insight into the issue covered by the POEM synopsis.
Read what users of Essential Evidence Plus are saying:
“Essential Evidence Plus has been a valuable tool for me in the office and hospital setting. The information is relevant to the care of my patients, easily accessed, and at times plays a significant role in my clinical decision making, even though I have been in practice for more than twenty years.”
“This top-notch resource is an essential part of my patient and teaching practice. I love the regular “POEM” updates in my email inbox!”
“Essential Evidence Plus is an extremely useful tool at the point of care. It offers quick, concise, evidence-based answers when you need them…The topics are laid out in an easy-to-read format that allows you to focus on just the information that you really want when the patient is sitting right in front of you in the office. I particularly like the ‘Bottom Line’ sections that cut to the chase when time is of the essence. It is a great product—one that will soon become a staple for busy, evidence-based clinicians.”
“Essential Evidence Plus supports clinicians on the front lines of patient care.
It gives practitioners a reliable resource that filters the thousands of articles
published every month to provide the most useful information about diagnosis
and treatment. Moreover, it provides interactive tools and calculators that bring
this data to life and helps clinicians apply it directly to help their patients.”