As the role of the nurse continues to expand in today’s health care environment, APRNs and DNPs are more frequently tasked with quantifying, evaluating, and improving their individual care processes, as well as demonstrating the impact of their care. Revised to provide APRN and DNP students, educators, and nursing administrators with the most up-to-date information on outcome assessment, the fourth edition of Outcome Assessment in Advanced Practice Nursing is still the only nursing resource to focus exclusively on outcome assessment.
Written by expert practitioners, educators, and researchers, this fourth edition continues to analyze the foundations of outcome assessment, provide guidelines for selecting assessment instruments and measuring results, discuss design and implementation challenges in outcome assessment, and provide an unequaled wellspring of information that will help nurses increase their skill level and enhance their professional practice role. Sections new to this edition focus on practice-specific quality metrics for demonstrating impact of nursing care, and provide information on a national collaborative launched specifically to showcase outcomes of nurse-led initiatives as part of the Choosing Wisely Campaign.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Expanded coverage of Doctor of Nursing Practice impact on outcomes
- Complete updates on practice-specific outcomes for all clinical areas of APRN practice, including those of nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, certified registered nurse anesthetists, and certified nurse midwives
- An instructor’s manual, including algorithms and teaching tools
- Examines in depth the foundations of outcome assessment
- Addresses specialty areas of practice and specialty-specific considerations for outcome evaluation
- Provides guidelines for selecting assessment instruments and measuring the results
- Describes design and implementation pitfalls
- Helps nurses increase skill level regarding evaluation of outcomes
“Useful to all APNs, this book would be a valuable part of their professional libraries. Wonderful additions to this update are the chapter objectives and the critical discussion questions. The inclusion of assessing outcomes at the doctor of nursing practice level further enhances the book’s value. The inclusion of updated web links makes this an extremely user-friendly resource.” — Kathleen Woodruff, DNP (Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing) Doody’s Review – previous edition
“This is an excellent and timely tool for advanced practice nurses. The importance of outcomes research is indisputable.” — Kathleen Woodruff, RN, MS, CRNP (Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing) Doody’s Review – previous edition
“This book serves as an ideal tool for assisting APNs in gaining an understanding of the process of outcomes assessment….A useful resource for APN students, researchers, educators, and administrators….” — Gail L. Ingersoll, EdD, RN, FAAN (Director, Center for Outcomes Measurement and Practice Innovation, Loretta Ford Professor of Nursing, University of Rochester Medical Center) – previous edition
Contact us here to add this valuable reference for all advanced practice nurses to your STAT!Ref subscription today.