Essential Evidence Plus (EE+) from Wiley Subscription Services is a robust, cost-effective, and efficient tool for providing clinicians with current information to facilitate evidence-based practice. Please see below to learn more about all of the special features such as the daily POEM alerts, the clearly labeled levels of evidence, and decision support tools that set this database apart.
Essential Evidence Plus (EE+) is the only database system of filtered, synopsized, evidence-based information, this integrated search engine allows you to simultaneously search, via keyword, multiple databases:
- POEMs (Patient Oriented Evidence that Matters) Research Summaries — Daily e-mail alerts and 5,000+ archived POEMs summarize the most recent, relevant research from over 100 journals to help you stay up to date in your practice. Download the EE+ Alerts handout EE+ Poems Daily Alerts Handout.
- Decision Support Tools — 400+ enable you to assess risk and probability, estimate the reliability of a diagnosis and prognosis, calculate a patient’s risk for disease, select the safest and most effective drug dosage, and much more
- Integration with AHFS DI® EssentialsTM — from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, distills essential information on prescription and key over-the-counter (OTC) drugs in an easy-to-use and highly structured outline format
- Cochrane Systematic Reviews — 5,800+ abstracts of Cochrane Systematic Reviews, the gold standard for evidence-based therapeutics, with links to the full text with a subscription to The Cochrane Library
- EBM Guidelines — 900+ practice guidelines, 4,400+ evidence-graded summaries, 1,300+ high quality photographs, and audio and videos for some of the most common diseases and procedures
- Diagnostic Test Calculators – 1,900+ indicate which test to order and assist you in interpreting the results
- History and Physical Exam Calculators – 1,700+ guide you to the most statistically accurate diagnosis possible based on a patient’s history and physical exam findings
- Dermatology Image Library — An interactive expert system to assist you in diagnosing skin problems with 1,000+ high quality photographs
- Anatomy Illustrations — Hundreds of anatomy illustrations are included within the Essential Evidence Topics
- Podcasts — Tune in each week as Dr. Mark Ebell, EE+ Editor-in-Chief, joins Dr. Michael Wilkes, NPR correspondent and Vice Dean of the UC Davis Medical School, for a brief discussion about an important, recent POEM. The discussion provides additional depth and insight into the issue covered by the POEM synopsis
Contact a STAT!Ref Team Member here or by calling 800-901-5494 to add this valuable clinical tool to your subscription today.