Now available from STAT!Ref, the second edition of Sports Medicine in the Pediatric Office has been completely revised and updated. This best-selling pediatric sports medicine resource provides step-by-step demonstrations of the examination and evaluation techniques for common sports injuries.
The book includes more than 100 images, plus 2+ hours of video covering physical examination keys, when to order radiographs, CT scans, and MRIs; treatment plan development; case-based coverage of common injuries, including ankle and foot, knee and lower leg, shoulder, wrist and elbow, hip and spine, and concussions and preventive strategies. Click here to preview a sample video.
This all-encompassing resource allows you to:
- Walk through case studies that highlight the issues most commonly seen at specific stages of development.
- View examinations and tests that can help you identify the extent and location of injury.
- See demonstrations of preventive strengthening exercises.
- Use proven approaches to diagnosing and managing sports injuries to improve your practice.
- Learn which test results to obtain and when.
- All chapters fully reviewed and updated
- New chapter on Trends in Prevention of Sports Injury in the Young Athlete
- 5 new sport-specific chapters
- Baseball and softball
- Collision sports (football, hockey, lacrosse, and rugby)
- Overview of the sport(s)
- Overview of the sport history and demographic information in young athletes
- Cases-based scenarios that highlight the major issues in the sport
- Suggestions on how pediatric health professionals can ensure the safest sport experience in the sport
“This workbook provides excellent, up-to-date instruction in the evaluation and management of many sports medicine injuries for general practitioners, residents, or medical students. The format with its case study approach makes it easy to read and follow and it is fairly comprehensive including many of the most common musculoskeletal injuries one would encounter in the office.” — Aaron Karlin, MD (Ochsner for Children) Doody’s Review – previous edition
Pediatricians, family physicians, nurse practitioners, residents, and medical students caring for young athletes are will benefit from this best-selling pediatric sports medicine resource. Purchasers will want to bundle this resource with ACSM’s Sports Medicine: A Comprehensive Review, Textbook of Pediatric Care and Sports Medicine Essentials: Core Concepts in Athletic Training & Fitness Instruction.
To add this resource to your subscription please feel free to call 800-901-5494 or fill out this form to speak with a STAT!Ref Team Member today.