It is well known that the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews is considered the gold standard for evidence-based medicine. Did you know Essential Evidence Plus from STAT!Ref includes the latest and most up-to-date summaries of systematic reviews from the Cochrane Library? Within EE+ you are able to access 5,800+ abstracts of Cochrane Systematic Reviews with links to the full text with a subscription to The Cochrane Library. For more in-depth information about Essential Evidence Plus from STAT!Ref download the EE+ Handout.
We also wanted to share the top ten highest altmetric attention scoring Cochrane database of systematic review scholarly articles published in October of 2017. Altmetric tracks social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest as well as blogs, newspapers, magazines and online reference managers like Mendeley and CiteULike for mentions of the published Cochrane Protocols and Reviews. To learn more about Altmetric badges in STAT!Ref and how they work click here or contact us here today.
- Blood pressure targets for the treatment of people with hypertension and cardiovascular disease
- Acupuncture or acupressure for induction of labour
- High-dose opioids for chronic non-cancer pain: an overview of Cochrane Reviews
- Volume-targeted versus pressure-limited ventilation in neonates
- Influenza vaccines for preventing acute otitis media in infants and children
- Professional, structural and organisational interventions in primary care for reducing medication errors
- Mefloquine for preventing malaria during travel to endemic areas
- Intracavity lavage and wound irrigation for prevention of surgical site infection
- Adenosine versus intravenous calcium channel antagonists for supraventricular tachycardia
- Fluoride supplementation (with tablets, drops, lozenges or chewing gum) in pregnant women for preventing dental caries in the primary teeth of their children