You may have heard that the funding to support AHRQ’s NGC contract ended on July 16, 2018. If you are in search of a centralized source for trustworthy, evidence-based information on clinical practice guidelines, look no further than Essential Evidence Plus (EE+) from STAT!Ref. All six of NGC’s inclusion criteria are encompassed by different content pieces in EE+. See below to learn how you can get the answers you need anywhere, anytime with EE+.
Essential Evidence Plus (EE+) is the only database system of filtered, synopsized, evidence-based information. This integrated search engine allows you to simultaneously search, via keyword, multiple databases including:
- POEMs (Patient Oriented Evidence that Matters) Research Summaries — Daily e-mail alerts and 5,000+ archived POEMs summarize the most recent, relevant research from over 100 journals to help you stay up to date in your practice. Download the EE+ Alerts handout EE+ Poems Daily Alerts Handout.
- Decision Support Tools — 400+ enable you to assess risk and probability, estimate the reliability of a diagnosis and prognosis, calculate a patient’s risk for disease, select the safest and most effective drug dosage, and much more
- Integration with AHFS DI® EssentialsTM — from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, distills essential information on prescription and key over-the-counter (OTC) drugs in an easy-to-use and highly structured outline format
- Cochrane Systematic Reviews — 5,800+ abstracts of Cochrane Systematic Reviews, the gold standard for evidence-based therapeutics, with links to the full text with a subscription to The Cochrane Library
- EBM Guidelines — 900+ practice guidelines, 4,400+ evidence-graded summaries, 1,300+ high quality photographs, and audio and videos for some of the most common diseases and procedures.
- Diagnostic Test Calculators – 1,900+ indicate which test to order and assist you in interpreting the results.
- History and Physical Exam Calculators – 1,700+ guide you to the most statistically accurate diagnosis possible based on a patient’s history and physical exam findings.
- Dermatology Image Library — An interactive expert system to assist you in diagnosing skin problems with 1,000+ high quality photographs.
- Anatomy Illustrations — Hundreds of anatomy illustrations are included within the Essential Evidence Topics.
- Podcasts — Tune in each week as Dr. Mark Ebell, EE+ Editor-in-Chief, joins Dr. Michael Wilkes, NPR correspondent and Vice Dean of the UC Davis Medical School, for a brief discussion about an important, recent POEM. The discussion provides additional depth and insight into the issue covered by the POEM synopsis.
For more in-depth information, download the EE+ Handout or click here to contact us for a customized price quote to add this 100% evidence based, clinical decision support tool to your custom, cross-searchable STAT!Ref subscription today!